One of the most common questions Move U gets asked by prospective clients is does you company have insurance?
Here are some useful facts about the benefits of taking out Independent Removals Insurance;
- Why do I need insurance? When you have your belongings in your house, you have them covered with a Home and Contents Policy. This policy may not cover you when your goods are in transit. When you move your goods, these risks are made significantly greater. Independent removals insurance is, in most instances an economical way to cover your goods in transit. If you think you don’t need insurance you should ask yourself why you would insure your goods in your house where there is low risk, and not when they are moving into a situation, where damage is more likely to occur.
- Don’t removal companies have their own insurance? Under Australian law, removal companies do not have to carry insurance. However Move U Removals have public liability insurance, third party property and motor vehicle insurance, and Fire, Flood, Collision and Overturning insurance for their own protection. However this insurance does not cover your goods against accidental damage whilst in transit,We at Move U Removals are unable to accept any responsibility for damage to your property, though we assure you that we take the utmost care with every move. Therefore Move U Removals strongly advise that you take out you independent removals insurance in the advance of your moving date.
- If I pack my own boxes, am I insured for losses or breakages in the carton? Because Move U Removals has not packed the goods, we can take no responsibility for the contents of the cartons in the event of any damages or breakages.
- What is “Independent Removals Insurance”? Insurance that covers your household goods from the time they leave one house until they are installed in another.
- When do I need cover? In Transit This insures your household goods while they are being packed and moved by your removal company, including any storage in the course of the move. In Storage If your Removal Company stores your goods, the transit cover you choose can be extended to cover those goods during the storage period. This will attract a separate premium. If you do not extend your transit cover for the periods of storage, your Removals policy ceases when goods are unloaded into the warehouse.
- Can Move U Removals sell us Removals Insurance? No By Law removalists are unable to insure your individual items unless they are a registered insurance agent.
For more information about Move U Removals insurance coverage please visit our Terms and Conditions page.